.

.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Four & a half more days to go..

So I had kind of decided that I didn't want to post anything.. because I have been driving myself crazy  over the past nine days. But one of the main points of this blog is to get my crazies out.. so here I go! 
First of all, I'll briefly go over the things that I have been physically feeling since my IUI, with a few random things added in. I didn't want to forget so I have a "note" in my phone with short little blibs of each day. 

Day of IUI: Bloated. Very "full" feeling. Exhausted. Constipated. Very bad cramps.
1 day post IUI: Same as the day before plus sore nipples. Started eating pineapple core for implantation. Apparently you are supposed to cut a pineapple in 5 slices and eat one a day starting on the day of IUI, so I cut it in four and started this day. The core is hard and kind of gross so I put it in the blender with some sour mix and ice and ate it with a spoon.
2dpiui: Bloated/full. Hungry to the point of pain (probably because the "full" feeling has been making me feel like I can't/shouldn't eat). Gassy. Opposite of constipated=/. Peeing a lot. Sore nipples. I took a bubble bath to try to feel better in the morning. The last song that came on before I got out (Pandora) was 1000 years. <3 (ps, it is not "favorited")
3dpiui: PT in the morning. I tried to walk on a treadmill but it was very very painful. Hurts to stand. Bad cramps. Sore nipples. Eating hurts from full feeling. The last song on Pandora as I was finishing getting ready for work was 1000 years. <3 (still not "favorited"!)
4dpiui: Whole boobs are sore and feel very firm. I thought I was feeling better until night time. Sharp pains. Sex is painful. Last day of pineapple! Full moon!
5dpiui: PT in the morning. Walked on treadmill for 25 minutes and bike for 15 minutes and it was painful. I realized I really need to listen to my body and not try to push through this. Cramps at night, not as strong as the night before. Gassy. Learned implantation can take up to about 10 days! Full moon!
6dpiui: Woke up with a headache. Feel like period is coming. Full moon!
7dpiui: PT in the morning. Walking on the treadmill felt fine! The whole day at work my boobs were SO sore that I was practically in tears... even without touching them, they were just throbbing. I called my mom and sister to complain because I literally felt like I couldn't function. Took a hot bath. Went to bed early. Full moon!
8dpiui: Wore a sports bra to try to help boob pain. Still very sore. Not as intense as day 7.
9dpiui: Boobs still very sore to the touch. 

Like always, I read five million forum boards as I worried about each of these things and apparently they are all very common. Nothing I saw on these said that anyone ever felt just totally fine and normal after going through this process. I think that this part is harder to deal with than the actual injections. Mostly because if the test comes back negative for some reason, I will feel like this was all just a cruel joke. I felt very very confident the day of the IUI, but it literally feels like that was about a month ago.. not a week! Every day that passes just takes a little bit of my hope with it. I know that I shouldn't feel this way and I have so much positivity surrounding me.. I think that I am just scared to get my hopes too high. 
Earlier this week I was telling my sister that I was considering taking a pregnancy test every morning until Friday. Natalie had told us that if I did that it would show positive for up to 12 days while the hCG shot is leaving my body, then it would go negative for a day or two, and then it would show the real result. But I think that the day or two of negative would kill me. And Jennisa also said that would be a bad idea. Then I said that I would just take one Friday morning before work so that I'm prepared if I have to hear that the blood test is negative and if it is positive, Savier will be there when I find out. But then Jennisa reminded me that I will still need to go to work if it is negative. And that would be hard. So I have decided that I will just wait for the result to be given to me through a phone call. Unless the lab will test the blood and tell me the hCG level before I leave. 
I'm scared. Thankfully I have somewhat of a busy day at work with meetings and trainings and such to maybe have time pass by a little quicker. And we have tomorrow off for MLK day! The last day before going back to work always seems to pass by quickly, so I'm hoping tomorrow is no different! 

This morning I woke up to a text message from my sister telling me that her water broke and she was in the hospital! I was SO excited that I couldn't go back to sleep! All day my mom was keeping me updated and fifteen minutes after she told me it was time to push, I got a picture of Jennisa holding her perfect little boy.. Logan Christopher Novitski! <3 I am so proud of my sister and overjoyed for her family!! I can't stop looking at the pictures of him and I can't help tearing up while I do. Life is just so amazing and I can't think of anyone more deserving of such perfection! Seeing glimpses of this special day makes me crave my own special day even more! I want to go home to see him more than anything!!! He wasn't due for two more weeks and our trip there is planned for three weeks from now! That way MaKayla and Alaina will be able to be their crazy selves together while we love on Logan! =) 

Only 4.5 more days until my test, 12.5 more days until we pick up MaKayla, and about 20.5 more days until we meet Logan! <3 So many things that many me anxious so close together!! Hopefully I make it to each of them with my sanity in tact! =)

Until Friday...
xox.
-N.

No comments:

Post a Comment